Varilight V Pro 4 way dimmer - 1 no longer working

wintomato

hi

I have a 4 way and a 2 way V pro smart dimmer. The 2 way disconnects every now and then, approx once a week. Restarting the power to this seems to fix it, til the next time.

The 4 way was always fine until recently. 1 of the dimmers has gone red in the supla app, and I can't even turn the light on manually. Red dot in the app, I've tried numerous restarts but still nothing happening. I've only had them a couple of months. nothing has changed, they were working fine. I've not changed bulbs, or anything else on the circuit.

I've tried the factory reset, holding for 15 seconds, but nothing. No blue flashing on the dimmer.

Is there anything else I can try, or is it dead?
Thanks for reading.
pzygmunt

Which firmware version do you have there?
wintomato

Thanks,
by the looks of it, it's 2.8.52.
pzygmunt

Try updating to 2.8.55.
To do this:

1. Switch the dimmer to configuration mode by holding the knob for 5-6 sec.
2. Connect to the dimmer wifi network.
3. Go to http://192.168.4.1
4. Set "Firmware to YES"
5. Press "Save"
6. Press the knob
7. Wait 30-60 seconds.
wintomato

Thanks very much. Is it supposed to start flashing blue? The dimmer won’t even turn on the lights, so am concerned that it’s not working at all, therefore can’t even do the firmware update?
I can press for 5 seconds but no real indication that it is in configuration mode. And because there’s 4 on the switch, not sure I’d be connecting to the right dimmer?
Thanks for your help.
wintomato

It being a 4 way, does that mean I only need to get 1 of the knobs into configuration, as it will do firmware update for the whole 4 gang module?
wintomato

Ok. I’ve answered that question, as I can see the one I used is now updated, and the 3 others are not.
Therefore still the problem that i prob won’t be able to put faulty dimmer in configuration mode. :(
pzygmunt

Disconnect power from the non-responsive dimmer and reconnect. If that doesn't work, contact the manufacturer.
wintomato

Thanks for the responses, I’ve cut the power to the 4 gang several times. Still not working, almost lost another! I’ll contact Varilight.
pzygmunt

Thing is, the 4 gang dimmer doesn't have Supla/WiFi onboard. What exactly is a dimmer?

Return to “Help”