Varylight dimmer not dimming to zero

Paul_M

I have just installed a varylight dimmer, feeding a single circuit in one room, total load is 4 x 6w Dimmable LED E14 lamps, when the dimmer is off, the lamps are still illuminated and flickering as it doesn't go down low enough to not power the lamps.

When it is turned on to max the LED lamps still seem to flicker slightly.

I have replaced an existing varylight dimmer with this wifi version, the previous non wifi model worked fine after being manually set-up.
Varilight_MB

Hi,
It looks like we are dealing with a compatibility issue due LED internal driver design. I will try to explain what seem to be a problem and why your LEDs worked correctly with mechanical V-Pro dimmer.
As opposite to a standard Push on Push off dimmer, V-Pro smart does not turn off completely by mechanically interrupting the circuit. In order to keep Wi-Fi connection alive it goes to standby mode (Off)
In normal circumstances LED lamps should remain off in standby mode however in some rare circumstances due to design of the build in LED driver, lamps would not ignore the small current needed to run electronics which may result in a slight glow.

We make a device called a LEDFix which is used to improve LED's performance as well as cure this very problem, (product code YAGF).

Please contact Varilight Customer Services for further advice and availability.
Varilight Technical
Paul_M

Can Varylight recommend any 6w E14 lamps dimmable LED lamps, that they have tested to work with this dimmer.

I am assuming this way of the device working is due to their being no neutral so can't actually achieve an actual 0v reference level.

Return to “Help”